Steve%20Tyson%20%28aka%20DJ%20ear.2.ear%29Quantcast

September 03, 2008

Tyson's Top 25 Hip-Hop Albums EVER!


Recently, hip-hop website “theboombox.com” compiled a list of their 20 Greatest Hip-Hop albums of all-time. Now, I took a look at the albums they picked and I’d agree with several of their choices but not necessarily the order. So I took some time out of my day and compiled my Top 25 choices for Greatest Hip-Hop album of all time. By all means, let me know what you guys think.



Tyson’s Top 25

25. DMX – It’s Dark And Hell Is Hot
24. Boogie Down Productions – By All Means Necessary
23. The Notorious B.I.G. – Life After Death
22. De La Soul – 3 Feet High & Rising
21. Dr. Dre – 2001
20. Run DMC – Tougher Than Leather
19. Big Daddy Kane – Long Live The Kane
18. Gangstarr – Step In The Arena
17. Outkast – Aquemini
16. Public Enemy – Fear Of A Black Planet
15. Redman – Doc’s Da Name: 2000
14. Nas – Untitled
13. Boogie Down Productions – Ghetto Music: The Blueprint Of Hip-Hop
12. Ghostface Killah – Supreme Clientele
11. Eminem – The Marshall Mathers LP
10. Jay-Z – The Blueprint
9. Boogie Down Productions – Criminal Minded
8. Big Punisher – Capitol Punishment
7. Jay-Z – Reasonable Doubt
6. Dr. Dre – The Chronic
5. Public Enemy – It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back
4. Nas – Illmatic
3. Wu-Tang Clan – Enter The Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers
2. The Notorious B.I.G. – Ready To Die
1. 2Pac – All Eyez On Me


Took a while, and I know I omitted some classic artists like A Tribe Called Quest, Eric B. & Rakim, EPMD, Scarface, Goodie Mob, and more… but hey, it’s just Tyson’s take. What do y’all think?

- Steve Tyson Jr.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What about Queen Latifa!!!

Unknown said...

What about Queen Latifa!!!