Steve%20Tyson%20%28aka%20DJ%20ear.2.ear%29Quantcast

March 01, 2009

DJ ear.2.ear - Rise: That 9 Ether [MUSIC VIDEO]



Since I've been asked, I figured I'd explain how I came up with the song's concept.

I was searching through YouTube one day lookin' for Jay-Z videos and came across different related videos of Nuwaubian teachings and philosophies, and one of the topics revolved around the symbolism of the number 9. Here is just a snippet of what they had to say:

"9-Ether represents the combination of all existing gases of nature, also known as the "all in all". Nothing anywhere can be as powerful as all existing gases. Therefore, 9-Ether is the most potent power in the universes, 9 to the 9th power of 9. Nine is symbolic of heaven, hell, creation and birth. 9-Ether is even represented in human form, within the hair follicles of African descendants which grows in the number 9 (the "curl").

So I figured, if 9 is the number which represents all... is that just another way of saying "God" but in numeric fashion? And if God is at the top then we've obviously gotta try to get as close to that level as possible, don't we?

Which means we've got to stop the financial corruption, stop the hatred, the global scandals, the wars (no matter WHAT the reason for them were, even if the reason was "God"), and work to develop a more positive society so that our children & our children's children don't have to grow up with the same social retardations that we currently hold ourselves back with... and work towards creating the brand new, and the better.

I don't even know if that's what they were trying to say, but this is what I got out of it. Yes, it's ambitious. But hey it's just music, and with all that said I hope y'all feel it and let me know what you think.

- Steve Tyson Jr.

No comments: