Steve%20Tyson%20%28aka%20DJ%20ear.2.ear%29Quantcast

January 05, 2009

2009: Year Of The Grind


I don’t know about the rest of y’all but I’m glad that 2008 is in the past and we’ve crossed into a brand new year. We’ve got a new President, a new homepage for Hip-Hop (globalGrind.com), and some new resolutions to fulfill.

Looking back on the last year I have come to understand that in order for a person to be where they want to be, they will have to pay some dues and earn the respect of their peers in combination with the determination to never settle for less. I’ve learned that things do not always come as immediately as you would like, and that’s part of the beauty of it all. Because patience is clearly a virtue, it pays off when you’ve worked extremely hard at something over a long period of time and it finally starts to come to fruition.

That is the mindset I’m utilizing when looking ahead at 2009. For me, it’s really “The Year Of The Grind”. I released my debut album at the end of last year, so now I must focus on promoting it and gaining more exposure for myself. I must also remain focused on helping Global Grind become one of the most popular and premier websites to ever grace the Internet. Between juggling those two ambitions, I will also be creating a video blog later on this year that will feature exclusive freestyles from myself and other affiliates of JusListen Entertainment.

Those are just some of the things I’m looking forward to this year. If I let y’all know everything I had planned, well it just wouldn’t be the same now would it? Haha.

I hope everyone enjoys this new year. If 2008 was horrible, you’ve got something to look forward to. If 2008 was the greatest, you’ve got something to build upon for the future. Either way, we’re almost a decade into the new millennium and things are finally starting to look up.

Peace, Love, Unity, & Have Fun!

- Steve Tyson Jr.

No comments: